Fit for the Future
What’s changed for teams in 21st century?
In the 20th century the core attributes of a good team included consistency, competence and adherence to standards . The 21st century presents a much more diverse, fast-paced and often resource-constrained environment in which to operate. This is driving changes not only in who teams work with, but fundamental changes in how team work internally and with others. The core skills required in the 20th century are still necessary but not sufficient in today’s context. In the constantly changing environment of the 21st century, teams will need to anticipate the evolving needs of internal and externals clients or customers, draw on and work trustfully with people beyond the boundaries of the team and the organisation, and consciously select the appropriate mode in which to work on any given task.
Whatever the purpose of the team, they will need increased flexibility, creativity and adaptive capacity to be able to work in a range of new modes and roles, whether the shift is from controlling to leading, from designing for customers to designing with them, or from planning to learning by doing.
What does Fit for the Future cover?
This course provides teams with an understanding of the new approaches and capacities needed to deliver great team performance over the next decade and paths to build these approaches into the way the team works.
What will I get out of this course?
After attending this one-day workshop the team will have:
• An understanding of the evolving work context, including more fluid institutional boundaries
• An understanding of the additional challenges and opportunities facing teams in the 21st century
• An understanding of a range of different operating modes and the values embedded in them
• An understanding of the skills and attributes needed to perform in each mode.
• An assessment of the most appropriate modes for each of the team’s activities and projects
• An exploration of the team’s strengths in each mode
• An exploration of team process and ways of working that will support selecting and working in the most fit-for-purpose way for each team activity
• A plan for your next steps.
Who should attend this workshop?
This workshop is ideal for teams that:
• Are newly formed and want to start off with processes and practices that are fit for the future and/or
• Recognize their operating environment has changed and want to respond effectively to the new context and/or
• Feel the way they work now is not allowing them to deliver their full potential and/or
• Want to model positive change within their organisations
This workshop is presented by Stephanie Pride and Fran Hoover. They are both experienced facilitators who have worked across the public, private and not-for-profit sectors in a wide range of organizational settings. They bring significant experience in supporting teams to adopt new approaches and processes to deliver higher performance in new contexts.
Next scheduled course [link to calendar]
To enquire about booking this course for your employees contact
Stephanie Pride email@example.com 027 4966 956
Fran Hoover firstname.lastname@example.org 022 484 0571